- What is your best? Take the ImPACT computer test and
record your normal baseline speed and memory:
- Reaction Time
- Eye-Hand Coordination
- Screening by appointment (for individuals or teams)
at Head-Zone: Shelton location, or at your
school or team’s site (call 203-538-5400)
- The King-Devick Test is a two-minute test that
requires an individual to read single digit numbers
displayed on cards. It is an objective method of evaluating visual tracking and saccadic eye movements utilized during reading. The King-Devick Test could be used as a tool to aid in making both remove from play and return to play decisions.
- The fee for the test is $25.00 or $15.00 with discount available for group team screenings.
- After your child has been diagnosed with a concussion
they will need recovery management by a physician
who is a trained Concussion Care Specialist.
- Appropriate Concussion Recovery Management may reduce the chance of Post-Concussion and Second Impact Syndromes, and includes serial ImPACT evaluations, school accommodations, and graduated exercise protocols.
- If you or your private physician would like your child seen by a physician who is a Concussion Care Specialist, please call 203-538-5400 for a medical appointment.